for the constant traveler, the permanent campsite builder, or no-armor warrior monk
- craft Eremite weapons, bed-roll, workstations, and more
- improve your permenant campsite with a touch of Hearthfire
- master unarmed or no-armor combat
- designed for “Survival Mode” or “Frostfall” (optional)
- requires Campfire - Complete Camping System by Chesko
- Xbox One: bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/4063413
- PC Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16867
- PC Bethesda: bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/4063415
- better sleep - earn perks sleeping in warm tent
- character build ideas
- install / disable
- perks and crafting
- designed to avoid game bugs
- how it works
Also available, a basic lite version (EremiteCampfireLite) for those only interested in new Campfire features and patch for “Survival Mode” without the perks and gear.
- follower removes armor for sleep (lie down) in accordance to Campfire settings
- cloak undress/redress included with body armor setting on bed-roll sit and lie-down
- auto-unequip backpack on bed-roll protects player from becoming over-encumbered
- Stone Axe recipe now requires a stone block (*)
- Mortar and Pestle may be crafted using Create Item with Eremite Craft 1 perk (*)
Campfire for Survival Mode patch
- campfires “Flickering” and larger provide warmth
- travel cloaks provide warmth
- remove “Fatigue: Drained” with Eremite Refreshed bonus earned with perk (*)
Fatigue recovery in tent is limited to reasonable circumstances. If too exhausted then may need to sleep in regular bed indoors to fully recover.
(*) - only in full version EremiteCamping
Included in full and lite versions. When selecting lie-down option on bed-roll, followers will remove armor according to the following conditions:
- Campfire setting Follower Interact enabled (must sleep)
- Campfire setting Camping - Gear In Tents (Followers) enabled
- Campfire setting Tents - Armor enabled (player body)
- if “Frostfall” enabled then must be warm enough (same as player)
If you don’t want followers removing outfit to sleep then disable #2 or #3.
a note on Campfire “pack up” tent feature
If changing outfit before packing up the tent, be aware that Campfire (as of v1.11) will revert worn gear back to the gear worn when sit or lie-down displays gear. This appears to be an intended feature to double-check after exiting tent. If after exiting tent desire to change armor best practice to pack up the tent first.
Earn perk points and bonuses by sleeping warm and comfortable in tent or bed-roll.
- camp near fire of medium size (“Flickering”) or larger
- when entering tent or lie down on bed-roll wait for “Shelter warming” or “Bed-roll warming” notification
- default base-game tents included for warming, but don’t count as owned for perk bonuses
- (optional) Survival Mode: wait for sun icon and warm up as needed
- remove armor before sleeping (see Campfire’s options to auto-remove gear)
- sleep 7-12 hours uninterrupted
Your tent may be placed within the fire’s warmth radius to warm up. If using “Frostfall” then all fires have the same radius, otherwise the larger the fire the bigger the radius. Upon entering a tent, look for “Shelter warming” message. If needed, wait for your character to warm fully before sleeping to stay warm. Sleep 7-12 hours to earn perk points, and with perks, Restful Sleep or Survival Sleep, gain refreshed bonuses including removal of Survival Mode’s “Fatigued: Drained” penalty. If too fatigued then may need to sleep in regular bed indoors to recover.
“Refreshed” improves stamina recovery for 8 hours and provides more bonuses depending on your mods.
If using Survival Mode and when disabling it using game settings then the tent warmth detection will also disable for your convenience. After re-enabling Survival Mode, allow up to five minutes for tent warming to re-enable. Same is true if using “Frostfall” in-game enable and disable feature.
Having trouble getting perk progression from sleep? Here are the conditions:
- “Shelter warming”
- has been 17+ hours since last tent/bed-roll sleep (stop-time to stop-time)
- sleep 7-12 hours without interruption including player stopping timer
- no armor (including spells) equipped; items having keywords: ArmorLight, ArmorHeavy, or spells with keyword: MagicArmorSpell
Eremite no-armor and unarmed perks help improve characters traveling without armor.
- no-magic, no-armor warrior monk or archer (see my character)
- conjuration or restoration mage without alteration magic
- basic mage - swap Lord Stone for 2 Eremite No-armor perks
- unarmed fighter / brawler
Backup your save-game files in case you change your mind. Do not remove plugin mid-game! Load order matters if you have another plugin modifying Campfire travel cloaks. In general sort this mod after other Campfire add-ons.
EremiteCamping (full version)
Character starting Eremite at level 19+ receive a free perk in Craft 1. If level 48+ then receive another free perk to spend as you choose.
EremiteCampfireLite (no perks or gear; only new Campfire features and “Survival Mode” patch)
If later on same character you wish to switch to full version, keep this “lite” plug-in activated.
Disabling Eremite using the Eremite Ring stops active scripts turning the mod into a basic craft-only Campfire add-on. You’ll keep your Eremite perks, but lose abilities. Enable again by equipping the Eremite Ring. Using PC console command to stop main quest is unecessary, and doing so stops it permanently.
Use your Campfire to access the perk constellation. Perks are arranged to help keep them optional so you can acquire just the perks best fit for your character. The right-side perks offer improved sleep and more benefits for “Survival Mode” play, and the left-side and top perks offer combat bonuses.
- Craft 1 and 2: weapons for the eremite traveler and workbenches for the permanent campsite
- Restful Sleep: gain Refreshed after sleeping without armor and in owned, warm shelter for 7+ hours
- Survival Sleep: gain Refreshed in any warm tent or bed-roll with or without armor
- No-Armor 1-5: freedom movement defensive skill - sleep in a shelter to begin
- Unarmed 1-5: unarmed damage - sleep in shelter to begin
Earn perk points by sleeping 7+ hours in warm shelter, surviving combat without armor, or fighting unarmed. If no damage taken then combat round must last at least 18 minutes game-time (about a minute). Points for combat is a flat rate no matter how many times your character lands a hit or takes damage, but double points for fighting unarmed and without armor.
Points gain from sleep is limited to once per day and no more than once per hour for combat.
craft - no perk
- standard pick-axe - create at forge with wood and iron ingot
- Eremite bed-roll and twin bed-rolls - for camping in caves or outdoors with Survival Sleep
- Eremite Ring - craft at forge - equip to toggle main script enable/disable
Equipping the Eremite Ring disables shelter detection, combat detection, and perk point gain. You’ll keep current perks and points and will be able to craft gear. Equip again to start.
create at Tanning Rack
- Eremite Bedroll (no tent)
- Eremite Twin Bedrolls (no tent)
create using Resourcefulness, Create Item (misc)
- Eremite Hunting Bow (Wood)
- Mortar and Pestle
create at an anvil/forge
- Eremite Axe
- Eremite Hunting Bow (Wood)
- Eremite Orcish Bow
- Eremite Glass Bow in colors: amethyst, emerald, ruby, saphire
- Eremite Daedric Bow
- Eremite Daedric Long Bow
Eremite Bows are re-colored “Real Bows” by DecimusMaximus used with permission
These items for your permanent campsite are heavy! Light enough to carry using only your character in Survival Mode. Also consider “Convenient Horses” or ask Lydia very nicely.
create using Resourcefulness, Create Item (misc)
- Eremite Grindstone
- Eremite Oven - includes storage chest
- Eremite Alchemy Set - includes storage chest
- Eremite Armor Workbench
- Eremite Stable - includes a cot–because, um… you like sleeping with your horse
create at anvil/forge (misc)
- Eremite Anvil - includes storage chest
- Alchemy Retort for the Alchemy Set
create at Tanning Rack
- Eremite Alchemy Set Tented - an upgraded Alchemy Set
Tip: build a large campsite at a Hearthfire land plot and an anvil comes with purchase
Storage chests have limited capacity, but each chest links to the same chest at another campsite. So you get three independent chests shared between sites for convenience.
Restful Sleep & Survival Sleep
Sleep without armor in owned, warm shelter for 7+ hours to gain Refreshed bonus. If playing “Survival Mode” then this also removes Fatigue: Drained. If using “Ordinator” then your character gains Vanacian if meeting the requirements. With Survival Sleep, your character becomes Refreshed sleeping in any warm shelter, with or without armor, and even in a warm bed-roll.
Remove armor manually or set Campfire options to auto-unequip on lie-down. After entering a shelter wait for the “Shelter warming” message and if needed wait for your character to fully warm up before sleeping.
With this perk your character will gain +25 Armor Rating per rank when not wearing any armor (shields okay) including mage armor. To learn this skill rest 7+ hours in a warm tent shelter. Note that Frostfall’s -skin spells (Foxskin, Wolfskin) count as magical armor.
Bonus +7 unarmed damage per rank when not wearing any armor including mage armor. May be combined with enchanted pugilist on clothing. To learn this skill rest 7+ hours in a warm tent shelter.
“Eremite Camping and Combat” avoids the stuck-ability-conditions bug (after 4096 cell loads ability values become stuck regardless of conditions) by re-applying the Eremite No-armor and Unarmed abilities after sleeping in tent or bed-roll. This bug reported by Enai Siaion on Patreon and Sacremas on reddit.
Eremite limits using search functions to safe periods (ie: outside of combat) and avoids duplicating functionality. If “Frostfall” enabled then Eremite never searches and instead asks for results using FrostUtil API.
Other Campfire patches for “Survival Mode” - most should be compatible. To avoid interfering with other mods updating “Survival Mode” heat source list, this mod uses a script to add any missing Campfire fire-lights and without removing heat sources added by other mods.
Follower overhauls to customize armor: if your follower exiting the tent dresses in the wrong armor pieces, you may disable this feature using your Campfire settings as noted above in follower undress for sleep.
Combat overhauls should work well with Eremite Camping, but please let me know if you find one that may need attention. For a strong character build, the bonus values for No-armor and Unarmed make default combat too easy, so they should fit well with a mod increasing combat challenge. I could be wrong.
- tents from “Campfire” add-ons including “Tentapalooza” by Rusey and my “Necromancer’s Camp”
- “Necromancer’s Camp” Alchemy Set will automatically conform to perk Craft 2 requirement on next game load
- “Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim” by Enai Siaion - Survival Refreshed bonus supports Vancian Alteration Mastery
- cloaks supporting “Frostfall” warmth are recognized by Eremite including “Winter is Coming SSE - Cloaks” by nivea
If another plugin overrides Campfire travel cloaks then sort plugin you want last.
Eremite uses SSE-only features so will not work correctly in classic 32-bit Skyrim.
Toggling Survival Mode on/off in game settings also enables/disables Eremite Shelter Warmth detection for your convenience. When disabled your character will not gain perk points or bonuses for sleeping in a tent. Campfires “flickering” and larger provide warmth and travel cloaks provide warmth.
Frostfall - Hypothermia Survival
When disabling “Frostfall” in game then Eremite Shelter Warmth detection also disables for your convenience. After enabling “Frostfall” again, Eremite Shelter Warmth will re-enable within five minutes. Since Frostfall detects existing base-game tents and fires, Eremite uses FrostUtil API to avoid duplicating same features.
- Survival Mode by “qdr” or Frostfall - Hypothermia Survival by Chesko
- Blades Hakama Set Extended for alternative monk outfits
- Convenient Horses by Alek to help haul your heavy gear to your campsite
- pick a combat overhaul to increase challenge or fun
- Chesko for Campfire Dev Kit, including tutorials and CampUtil API, Campfire, and FrostUtil API
- “qdr” for Creation Club’s Survival Mode
- DecimusMaximus for Real Bows
- lolicept Resources for the ingredient basket mesh-mashup
- thanks to Bethesda Game Studios
- Creation Kit 64-bit
- SSEedit, SSEedit on github by zilav, Elminster and team
- NifSkope niftools by jonwd7
- SSE Nif Optimizer by ousnius
Some screen captures include mods
Skyrim, Skyrim Special Edition are trademarks of Bethesda Softworks LLC. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.